Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gluten free Banana bread recipe.

My parents, my sister, and I have been on a gluten free diet for a few months now (we have an intolerance to wheat). 
My Dad and I developed this Banana bread recipe the other day, when we notice we had a lot of ripe bananas. This recipe is pretty easy and super delicious. I recommend this to anyone even if they aren't allergic to wheat. 

Ingredients:                            Makes 1 large loaf or 3 small loaves
1 cup Rice flour
1 cup Oat flour (we made some by grinding quick oats in a food processor)
2 tsp. Xanthan gum
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 Bananas, Peeled and mashed
4 tbsp. softened Butter
3 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup white Sugar
1/4 cup brown Sugar

Directions: Set your oven to 350degrees F. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (except sugars). Mix the wet ingredients (in order as listed) in a medium bowl. Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Grease your pan/pans and pour the mixture into them 3/4 of the way. Bake them in the oven for 40-50 minuets. When the bread has finished baking, set on a cooling rack. 
Here is the finished product. 














I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Much love, 
-Anastasia.

No comments:

Post a Comment