Monday, October 31, 2011

Natural Lip balm recipe.

I have never really liked wearing Lip balm, and I think it's because it would always dry out my lips and then I would have to re-apply over and over. So I decided to make my own Lip balm that was natural and wouldn't leave me with dried out lips.
I found a similar recipe to the one I've posted here, and I modified it to the way I wanted it.





Ingredients
2 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp of shaved Beeswax
1-2 small drops of honey
5-6 drops of essential oil (optional)
1 small container like and empty lip balm tube or an Altoids Smalls tin.

Mix all of the ingredients (except for the essential oil) in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until everything is melted. Pour the mixture into the container and let it set for a couple of hours or put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
I made one without essential oil and one with peppermint oil. They were both very moisturizing and I was happy that they didn't dry out my lips.

-Anastasia :)



No comments:

Post a Comment